On Monday June 11th – 21st of Sivan, a diverse crowd of 1500 people gathered at the Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, for an evening of Tribute to the Rebbe.
· The evening began with a Cocktail reception, with live music.
· An exhibition of photos and videos of the Rebbe, curated professionaly by JEM under the direction of Rabbi Elkanah Shmotkin.
Special thanks to JEM for their generosity and sharing their treasures and expertise.
· The program began with a video of the Rebbe’s message of "Ma Zaroi Bachaim Af Hu Bachaim".
· Rabbi Tzvi Lipinski MC’d the evening.
· Heartfelt nigunim were sung by Yossi Loloyan, Mendy Aboud & Meir Parmet accompanied by a live band.
· Rabbi Tzvi Grunblatt, Head Shaliach and Director of Jabad Lubavitch Argentina inspired the crowd with how the Rebbe changed the entire world by empowering every individual.
· Every person had a chance to write a PAN, and take on a Hachlata for Gimmel Tammuz.
· A video of a round table discussion with Mr. Eduardo Elsztain, Mr. David Koner, Mr. Marcelo Sued & Rabbi Tzvi Grunblatt, reliving their special moments with the Rebbe and how we can continue living with the Rebbe. The video was produced and directed by Rabbi Shike Birman and the ORT studio.
· Mr. Guillermo Borger, President of AMIA shared a few words with the crowd of the impact of the Rebbe and Chabad in Argentina and the world over.
· Guest Speaker Rabbi Avraham Shemtov Chairman of the board of Agudas Chasidei Chabad, delivered the keynote address, taking the crowd on a journey of the Rebbe’s influence in the halls of power, and the Rebbe’s impact on historic and world changing events.
The huge success of the evening was due to the efforts of all the Shluchim in Argentina, and the support of Mr. David Koner, R. Chaim Lapidus, anonymous donors, Rabbi Shloime Taubenfliegel, Rabbi Elkanah Shmotkin & the JEM team.
The evening was organized by Chabad Lubavitch Argentina, directed by Rabbi Tzvi Grunblatt.